Friday, October 1, 2010

¡Hay Una Huelga...Huelga General!

Wednesday was the Huelga General in Spain. The people of Spain are not happy with some new reforms the Spanish Government has passed to help with budget cuts. They say it hurts the common worker in an unjust way. So wednesday most of the stores in Toledo were closed. My host dad did go to work...as a few people did. I showed up to my first class that morning only to have the teacher never show up because she went on strike. So instead of class, I went and watched the strike for awhile in Plaza de Zocodover...the main plaza in Toledo. My second teacher did show up, though. Here are some pics from the strike:
"Workers of the world, unite!"

Sign on a Store: "Closed for the general strike, I am going!!"

More signs








One of the Homemade Protest signs

giant banner


Grafitti like this was everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment